Backend Software Engineer - Weather Infrastructure
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Software and Services
A storm is brewing! Literally. Radar shows a storm cell sweeping east. Atmospheric models predict rapidly dropping temperatures and strengthening winds. A thunderstorm warning is issued for the surrounding area. And your software has milliseconds to get up-to-the-minute weather forecasts to people in the storm's way. That's every day on Apple's Weather Services team, where we work together to keep millions of customers safe, dry, and prepared for the outdoors every single day!
- Deep understanding of software architecture and high-performance data processing systems.
- Experience developing for cloud-based infrastructure and optimizing runtime and resource utilization
- Hands-on experience with containerization and automating the deployment, scaling, and management of applications.
- Proven history of designing, building, and optimizing ETL or other forms of data pipelines
- Ability to collaborate well with other teams (both technical and non-technical) such as other engineers, QA, DevOps, product, etc.
Apple’s Weather team is looking for a highly motivated individual who is ready to jump into the high-performance data processing infrastructure supporting weather across the company. We are looking for excellent communication skills and flexibility in engineering solutions, focused around sophisticated data problems. You will be responsible for crafting, building and maintaining systems to analyze and process large volumes of weather data. You will also collaborate closely with other engineering, product design, and QA teams on an ongoing basis. You are a self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS, CE, or equivalent technical discipline.