Cellular RF Silicon Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Are you an engineering professional with strong leadership ability? Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that operates Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. We promote innovation and new technology. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product! As a Cellular RF Silicon Program Manager within the Hardware Technology Engineering organization, you will be working on a senior program management team driving RF silicon program schedules and resolving technical issues to drive timely silicon delivery. This is an individual contributor role, helping own the development process for Cellular SoC silicon used in groundbreaking Apple products. This role spans across the full SoC development cycle, from concept to productization.
- Requires sophisticated Cellular RF SoC/VLSI Chip Design, ASIC Chip Design
- Practical knowledge and experience with various cellular standards
- Technical/Project Management or leadership role
- Extraordinary teammate and creative thinker who is able to lead technical teams, multi-functional groups and vendors against plans
- Excellent communication, presentation, social, and leadership skills
- Ability to tailor information to the right audience, including executive management
- Experience working in a nuanced cross-functional engineering environment, strong at multi-tasking, and real-time crisis management
- Expertise owning and driving project development
- Experience working with RF systems & design flows, and leading cellular projects from prototype to production
- Good knowledge of Analog/Mixed signal/ RF design process, tools/flows and methodologies and SoC/chip design life cycle
- Work closely with chip Integration and system teams to drive high level achievements. - Work with a group responsible for driving technical issue resolution to enable timely silicon to meet daring product schedules of state-of-the-art silicon. - Drive internal program process to guarantee high quality silicon definition and design execution. - Pull together regular project status presentations for multi-functional executive reviews. - Support high level achievement execution in a dynamic core technology design team. - Drive resolution of technical issues between multi-functional teams: Technology/Library, IP owners, Design, DV, PD, HW and SW teams. - Focus design teams on meeting near-term achievements and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the right technical expert(s) to resolve the issues with data driven decision-making. - Attend and drive technical sessions with internal/external design partners to supervise and follow up issues/customer concerns. - Focused issue reporting, bug tracking, and communication of program risks & status. - Track project schedule for all phases of Silicon-on-Chip design: Design, Prototyping, Silicon Bring-up, System Bring-up, and Production Ramp
Education & Experience
BS and 10+ years relevant industry experience.