Performance Engineer - Apple Services Engineering
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple Services Engineering (ASE) builds and operates fast growing services such as Music, TV, App Store and others. Imagine leading the effort to define fast response times for a new service or application Apple will ship next year. The Performance Engineering Team at ASE is looking for a Full Stack engineer who will be responsible for the end-user perceived performance of one or more of our Media products such as Apple Music, Apple TV etc. The individual will lead our efforts in defining appropriate performance metrics, work with experts across the client and service stack to uncover optimization opportunities, and shepherd the engineering org towards achieving our performance goals. This is a high-visibility role that will give you an opportunity to work with experts from across Apple.
- 5+ years of industry experience optimizing for CPU, Memory and Latency issues
- Understanding of OS and Application performance best practices (iOS, macOS, Linux | Java, Swift, ObjectiveC)
- Experience using profiling/statistics/visualization tools relevant to performance measurement and analysis
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies, prototype, and propose new software designs and solutions
- Ability to influence and shepherd cross-functional teams to achieve shared goals
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Experience with audio/video playback is desired but not mandatory
Apple values craftsmanship and Performance is a key ingredient. Come join us at Apple Services Engineering and help us deliver services and applications that are fluid and responsive. You will be responsible for the end-user perceived performance of one or more Media products/services. You will collaborate with engineers from across Apple to define the metrics, set targets, uncover optimization opportunities, define quality guardrails, and ship a product/service that will delight our customers. This role is for engineers who enjoy deep technical engineering that spans large cross-organizational projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent