EDA / CAD Analog/ RF Simulation Expert (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
At Apple, we work every day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. The people here at Apple don't just build products - they create the kind of wonder that revolutionizes entire industries. We invite you to join our dynamic group, for the unique and rewarding opportunity to contribute to upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day! As a member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop, maintain and enhance simulation methodology and solutions for our analog and RF designs. The role requires you to work with different technology nodes and provide flows/methodologies for the different tool sets. You will be collaborating closely with design teams. You will drive and coordinate efforts to develop and validate simulation flows, providing ease of use, speeding up design validation, and ensuring functional silicon.
- Advanced programming skills, mainly in Perl, Python, Cadence SKILL, and Unix Shell
- Proficient in using and understanding Virtuoso Analog Design Environment (ADE-Explorer/Assembler/L/XL)
- Familiarity with spice simulation techniques and industry-standard analog simulation tools such as Cadence Spectre, Mentor AFS,
- Fundamentals in analog design
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under tight schedules
- Fluency in English is required
As CAD Simulation Expert, you will be supporting our hardware circuit development team: - Drive the direction and development of a state-of-the-art analog signal simulation flow for use across many different technology nodes and circuit and IC types - Work directly with world-class custom/transistor-level circuit designs and designers to ensure expected behaviour - Architect and implement internal solutions to automate setup and execution of analog/RF simulations - Work with 3rd-party EDA tool vendors to accelerate relevant advances and ensure tools meet high quality and performance standards
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experiences
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.