AIML - Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform & Infrastructure
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Do you want to make Siri and Apple products smarter for our users? The Information Intelligence teams are building groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Our universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day.
- Strong coding skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills able to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong background in computer science: algorithms and data structures
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of high-level network protocols (HTTPS, gRPC/Protocol Buffers)
We design and build infrastructures to support features that empowers billions of users. You will work in a multi-functional team which is developing software to run innovative machine learning systems in the cloud and on device. You are passionate about implementing performant distributed systems and keep up to date with best practices and new technologies. You will also work closely with ML engineers to ensure their algorithms can be deployed efficiently on device and in the cloud.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Nice to have:
- * Experience with Information Retrieval, Large Scale Data-Mining, and/or Machine learning are a strong plus
- * Experience with NLP, Entity Recognition, Query Understanding are a strong plus
- * Experience with serving and optimizing deep learning models will be a plus