Apple Support Partner Operations Manager
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what can be accomplished! The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This position is responsible for operational performance of AppleCare’s outsource vendor (OSV) contact center partners in Japan. The Partner Operations Manager (POM) is to develop and lead initiatives to improve operational performance aligned to the customer experience and manage a team of experienced Vendor Managers (VM). While POMs and VMs partner with Apple internal support groups such as forecasting and planning, workforce management, training, quality and global vendor strategy, they are responsible for OSV operational performance.
- Minimum 7 years of shown work experience in large-scale contact center environment including technical support and / or customer service management across phone, chat and email channels.
- Minimum of 2 years direct people-management experience
- Proven experience with offshore and work from home contact center operations
- Solid understanding of OSV contracts and negotiation principles
- Good understanding of cost and financial accounting principles
- Ability to interpret sophisticated business information and perform data analysis to drive measurable results
- COPC Registered Coordination Certification preferred
Leadership: Support VM skill and performance development via structured mentoring and coaching processes, 1:1, team meetings, and performance reviews Develop and coach VMs on driving performance at assigned OSVs Seek out opportunities to enhance OSV / VM performance in support of Apple’s customers and business objectives. Operational: Review daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly performance metrics and trending to ensure alignment with contractual and business expectations. If performance metrics are out of spec, the POM will work with VMs and OSVs to understand root cause and develop action plans to address. Participate in weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews comprised of Apple and OSV teams. Review and analyze operational data to identify trends and build measurable action plans Participate in capacity planning process to ensure outsource partners are staffed to plan and handling their business in line with stated assumptions. Build positive relationships with Apple internal support groups and provide feedback as appropriate on processes and procedures impacting customers or OSVs. Work closely with Apple internal contact center teams to facilitate knowledge share and standard methodology exchange. Address any business operations issues that affect the outsource partner’s ability to meet contractual and / or business expectations (ie. telecom and data issues, call routing, procedures, reporting, forecast). Review and implement business critical issues to and from OSVs in compliance with Apple policy. Financial: Review OSV forecasts. Work with VMs and suppliers on staffing discrepancies Work with VMs and Finance team to resolve any invoice discrepancies Review and approve change management requests and OSV invoices Track and approve team travel and expenses for budgetary purposes Continually seek and implement opportunities to improve efficiencies or quality Key competencies: Customer Focus Relationship Building Team-building and Personnel Development Collaboration and communication Skills (Verbal and Written) Analysis and Critical Thinking Action and Results Oriented Organizational Savvy Passion for Apple’s Business, Culture and Values
Education & Experience
BA/BS Degree in Business or related field
- Travel required Approximately 20%
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.