Client Insights Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Apple News, the App Store, and on Apple TV+. The Data Insights team within Advertising Platforms is seeking a Client Insights Specialist for our App Store ads business with the analytical skills to identify, develop, and package unique insights for our advertisers; the ability to convert these insights into a compelling narrative; and the communication skills to co-deliver these insights direct to advertisers to inform, persuade, and ultimately change advertiser behavior.
- 5+ years of experience, ideally in the digital advertising industry, as a data scientist, consultant or business analytics professional
- Experience with in-person client interactions, specifically senior level executives and knowledge to also work with business intelligence and data science experts
- Strong communication skills and the ability to distill information from large data sets and results into simple concepts and actionable insights for a variety of audiences
- Deep knowledge of sophisticated analytical techniques and statistical methods
- Extraordinary understanding of digital advertising landscape and critical metrics(KPI's) for web / mobile / apps. Search engine marketing expertise, app-install marketing, and channel partners (e.g., agencies, mobile measurement) preferred
- A strong passion for business intelligence and analytics with the ability to work closely with the business teams, understand business requirements, and handle sophisticated projects related to data-driven initiatives
- Experience being part of a team with a revenue growth directive
- Experience with media mix modeling a plus
The Specialist will be part of a new team with the mandate to evaluate, source, refine, and present unique insights to help our advertising customers get the most value out of their investment in Apple Ads. This team will use data-driven and advanced analytical approaches and will leverage existing and new data sets, both Ad Platforms internal and external, to identify these opportunities (e.g., improving advertiser understanding of marketplace dynamics; assisting in design and execution of advertiser-driven experimentation; conducting client pilots for new insights; analyzing unique, client-specific opportunities). The Specialist will work closely with our data science team to identify the right metrics and with our externally-facing sales team to articulate these stories to our customers. As such, this individual has to have the right analytical acumen and storytelling prowess. This individual will identify the themes of insights which will have the most impact and pilot new insights. Use sophisticated data analytics and statistical methodologies to extract these insights. Develop the appropriate positioning and pitch framework to share key findings with various customer personas including senior marketing / user acquisition and data science leaders. Act as the commercialization vehicle for key insights, unblocking clients and identifying which metrics would help the client further. Measure and track the impact of client interactions and classes of insights on advertiser performance and spend. Work with Privacy and legal teams to ensure that proposed data sets honor Apple Ads’ privacy principles. Work with the product team to integrate successful pilots into customer facing reporting tools. Expected to travel 20-50% of the time (varies by quarter).
Education & Experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple dedicated to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.