Technical Producer, Apple Arcade
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The App Store is the world's safest and most vibrant app marketplace, serving more than half a billion people each week. Since the App Store launched in 2008, it has helped creators, dreamers, and learners of all ages and backgrounds connect with the tools and information they need to build a brighter future and a better world. It has enabled countless new companies, spawned new industries and created millions of jobs. A significant driver of the global economy, the App Store facilitated $643 billion in commerce in 2020 alone, rewarding developers and entrepreneurs for their hard work and creativity. And we believe we’re just getting started. We're seeking a games Technical Producer to join the Apple Arcade Player and Developer Experience team. In this role, you will partner with the technical teams of our 3rd party developers to deliver amazing games to Apple Arcade players. You’ll be their go-to for technical requirements, technical design reviews, implementation questions for Apple frameworks, and performance optimizations. You'll also contribute to service-level requirements and best practices. As the Player and Developer Experience team for Apple Arcade we are committed to developers' success. Your drive for creating incredible games will take you into development teams, have you championing our catalog to internal teams, and shaping the future of gaming at Apple. We're hiring and urge you to apply!
- Experience managing the technical development of game projects
- Hands-on experience with Apple frameworks (i.e. GameKit, CloudKit, Game Controller, SharePlay, SwiftUI etc.)
- Programming experience in Objective-C or Swift, preferred
- Deep understanding of modern game development tools, technologies and processes
- Previous experience working in a technical production or engineering role in a game studio
- Hands-on or indirect involvement in 3D rendering and performance optimizations a plus
- Augmented Reality/ Virtual Reality hands-on experience a plus
- Ability to bring structure to competing priorities and focus on what matters most
- Student of Apple devices, operating systems and their capabilities
- Demonstrated experience working with external partners
- Able to communicate effectively, in English, to technical and non-technical internal and external partners
- Cares deeply about the games industry and the technology that enables developers to bring joy to millions of players
- Preferred experience building and supporting synchronous, cooperative/collaborative, multiplayer experiences
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, while performing the job at hand efficiently
- Plays games regularly, has opinions on what makes great games and always has a list of pending games to finish
- Solves problems using empathy, curiosity and tenacity
Work closely with select Apple Arcade development partners such as Sega, Ubisoft, Gameloft, 2K and Rovio to help their games shine across the Apple ecosystem. You’ll drive for improvements to the Apple Arcade experience, evolving service requirements and driving for new opportunities to enable game developers to build even more amazing experiences for their players. You’ll play a critical role in representing world class developers and their insights with internal product teams and will be ideating new social and gameplay features while collaborating with other internal teams including Game Center, iCloud, CoreHaptics and AR, to bring these ideas to life. You’ll help imagine and contribute to delivering what games can look like on new products such as Vision Pro.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Computer Science preferred; equivalent professional, volunteer or other academic experience considered.