Camera & Depth Sensing Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, resourceful people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want to join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products. The Camera & Depth Sensing Team is looking for a Hardware Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to drive the design, development, and integration of camera and depth sensing modules. In this highly cross-functional role, the candidate has the opportunity to craft the next generation of cameras and depth sensing modules for Apple's entire product lines. The candidate is required to navigate through uncertainties, adapt to rapid changing scenarios, and lead complex decisions with the final goal to deliver the best technology into the hands of millions of people!
- Relevant industry experience designing Camera hardware or related optical systems OR Project Management relevant experience in a similar field.
- Camera/depth sensing module design and development experience preferred.
- In-depth technical engineering knowledge to effectively establish and manage project and operational KPIs, assess and drive technical risks, and critically challenge engineering decisions.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple global contract manufacturers and vendors.
- Ability to bring focus and transparency to complex situations while monitoring the bigger picture and the needs of a rapid development cycle.
- Skilled at handling accountability without control; knowing how to identify and drive priorities from among the multiple issues competing for your attention.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of camera module design and/or camera key parts design and subcomponents.
- Familiarity with a consumer product life cycle.
Define and drive execution of build plans for multiple module integrators and component suppliers. Serve as the primary lead during module development and advocate for the best module performance throughout the organization. Responsible for driving camera and depth sensing modules on schedule. Constantly engage in pro-active risk management and communicating status and issues to the development team and Apple executives. Focus the efforts of the hardware, software, mechanical engineering, and operations teams, bringing their expertise together to design, manufacture, and integrate camera and laser modules for Apple's entire product line. Ability to travel internationally to support builds if required
Education & Experience
BS + 3 years of relevant experience