AIML - Manager, Program Management for Siri Integration & Delivery
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you love taking on challenges that build a positive impact? If so, then we want to speak with you! We’re looking for exceptional Engineering Program Managers (EPMs) who are passionate about Apple’s product and values, who love working with technologies at scale, and who are committed to the hard work necessary to continuously improve. In this role, we are seeking a skilled manager to lead a small team of technical Program Managers responsible for Siri’s Integration and Delivery platform. You will partner with Siri engineering teams to manage the lifecycle of Siri ML models on device and to positively impact hundreds of millions of people around the world.
- 10+ years experience in Technical Program or Project Management, or similar role, with at least five years in a lead or management role.
- 5+ years in people management experience. Experience recruiting, building, and managing successful teams of technical Program and/or Project Managers.
- Career examples of hands-on involvement in release tools/processes that improved the customer experience. Understanding of software release processes for shipping new features and bug fixes, and CI/CD tools/processes.
- Player-coach capable of personally leading large projects while coaching team members along the way.
- Demonstrated ability to align projects and plans across large organizations while still diving into the details when needed.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive. Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Highly developed drive to improve how things work, with proven track record of driving dramatic improvements for team quality, performance, agility, and effectiveness.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills are a must to collaborate in our multi-functional environments.
The AIML EPM team is looking for an exceptional technical Program Manager to help build Siri’s Integration and Delivery platform. The ideal candidate will possess the requisite background and a strong enthusiasm for leading a team of technical PMs and for working with engineers on the design and implementation of tools required to make Siri work. This critical role will help drive the technical direction of the framework that is built to manage the lifecycle of ML models on device and to provide a reliable and seamless experience for Siri users. This leader will support Siri’s end-to-end product lifecycle, including requirements gathering, development, unit test development, tools, metrics, bug fixing, right through to the delivery of software to end users. Responsibilities - Manage a highly talented team of technical Program Managers. Lead the team through effective performance management, career development, education, training, and continuous process improvements. - Work with stakeholders on new and existing projects. Coordinate all aspects of development for multiple projects including specifications, scope, requirements, planning, execution, and delivery. - Own feature planning and prioritization. Partner with program leadership to instill sound program/project management practices throughout your team and the broader engineering organization. - Be the voice for our customers. Do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality experience to our customers.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE in a relevant field or equivalent practical experience.
- - Prior PM or engineering experience in speech recognition, natural language understanding, machine learning, search, data pipelines, and/or A/B testing.
- - M.S. or Ph.D. degree with a focus in machine learning, data mining or statistics.
- - Past management experience at a top technology company.