AIML - Machine Learning Engineering Manager, Search Query Understanding - Siri & Information Intelligence (SII)
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
We are looking for an engineering leader with a passion for using machine learning to create intelligent search applications. Our team researches new machine learning algorithms, models and techniques that will power amazing search experiences across Apple products. We are looking for a high-reaching team leader to join our ML group. This role will have the opportunity to initiate and lead exciting projects to further the state of language understanding at Apple, and use data science, machine learning and analytical skills to solve challenging technical problems and ship novel products that will delight millions of people.
- 7+ year Experience in Machine Learning, NLP, Large Language Models and applying these techniques at scale
- 3+ year experience in a technical leadership role; leading all aspects of technically complex projects along with people management, scaling and growing technical teams.
- Strong software engineering skills in a mainstream programming language, such as Python, Go, C/C++
- Familiarity with NLP/ML tools and packages like Jax, TensorFlow, pyTorch etc
- Practical experience building production quality applications related to natural language processing and machine learning
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms and ability to apply them in data driven natural language processing systems
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas / solutions, perform critical analysis, and use creative approaches for solving complex problems
- Ability to collaborate closely with multi-functional teams
- Clear oral and written communication skills
This role will have the chance to create and evaluate new algorithms, models and methods that will impact Apple and the broad ML community. Role responsibilities include: - Researching, proposing and leading innovative language modeling techniques to further language understanding capabilities at Apple. - Building novel applications of LLMs to various search problems. - Develop a long-term technical vision; propose a roadmap for team setting clear objections. - Analyzing the loss patterns in the current search and assistant stack and coming up with new ideas, algorithms and techniques to resolve those losses with the goal of improving the top-line product metrics. - Collaborating with various product teams across the company and partner with them to apply language understanding models to new product areas and use cases. - Work on continuously improving the metrics and performance of models the team has launched in production by leverage innovative ML techniques.
Education & Experience
PhD/Masters in Machine learning or a related field with a strong academic track record
- Experience working in a complex organization with multiple stakeholders, strong track record in scaling and launching projects in this setting