AIML - Machine Learning Engineer - Siri & Information Intelligence (SII)
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
We are looking for engineers passionate about using machine learning to build intelligent search applications. In this highly accomplished, deeply technical, and close-knit team of machine learning specialists, software engineers, and infrastructure experts, you will create products that are used by millions of people. Our team researches new machine learning algorithms, models, and techniques that will power amazing search experiences across Apple products. We are looking for new ambitious team members to join our ML group. You will have the opportunity to contribute to exciting projects around Apple and use your data science, machine learning, and analytical skills to solve challenging technical problems and ship novel products that will delight millions of people!
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms and ability to apply them in data driven natural language processing systems
- Strong coding and software engineering skills in a mainstream programming language, such as Python, Go, C/C++
- Familiarity with NLP/ML tools and packages like Jax, TensorFlow, PyTorch etc
- Hands-on experience building production quality applications related to natural language processing and machine learning
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas and solutions, perform critical analysis, and use creative approaches for solving complex problems
- Quick learner who can work independently as well as in a team
As a member of this team, you have the chance to design and evaluate new algorithms, models and methods that will impact Apple and the broad ML community. Your responsibilities include: - Researching, developing, and implementing innovative language modeling techniques to further enhance language understanding capabilities at Apple. - Building novel applications of LLMs to various search problems. - Transferring novel machine learning solutions to improve various search and assistant product use cases. - Implementing and launching end-to-end user-facing improvements using performant and efficient ML models. - Implementing tools, data pipelines, and evaluation frameworks to enable the development, iteration, and launching of ML ideas within the product scope. - Analyzing the loss patterns in the current search and assistant stack and coming up with new features, algorithms, and techniques to resolve those losses to improve the top-line product metrics. - Collaborating with various product team members across the company and partnering with them to apply language understanding models to new product areas and use cases. - Work on continuously improving the metrics and performance of models the team has launched in production by leveraging pioneering ML techniques.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Computer Science or relevant fields with a strong academic track record. MS or PhD in Computer Science or relevant fields
- - Experience with large language models
- - Experience with cloud stack like AWS or GCP with Kubernetes is a plus