Spatial Media Engineer - Apple Vision Pro
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Apple is where individual imaginations gather together, committing to the values that lead to great work. Every new product we build, service we create, or Apple Store experience we deliver is the result of us making each other’s ideas stronger. That happens because every one of us shares a belief that we can make something wonderful and share it with the world, changing lives for the better. It’s the diversity of our people and their thinking that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. When we bring everybody in, we can do the best work of our lives. Here, you’ll do more than join something — you’ll add something. Apple Vision Pro is a revolutionary spatial computer that seamlessly blends digital content with your physical space. It will allow us to do the things we love in ways never before possible — all while staying connected to the people around us.
- 5+ years of experience with software development.
- Demonstrated ability to work on shipping media products involving image and video capture, processing, and playback.
- Strong programming skills in a low-level language like Objective-C, C++, Swift, or Rust.
- Strong prototyping skills in a high-level language like Python.
- Strong mathematical problem-solving skills from experience in computer science, electrical engineering, physics, machine learning, or similar.
- A creative and collaborative approach to problem solving, and a drive to build products that surprise and delight.
We’re looking for a driven Engineer to join us and help build the future of the Vision Product Group’s spatial media products. Our work sits at the intersection of media processing, image and video quality, computer vision, and stereo perception. We build with GPUs, neural coprocessors, math, creativity, and a careful eye to image quality. The work is deeply interdisciplinary and collaborative, and it relies on unique perspectives from each member of the team. As a member of our group, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of spatial media and make products that surprise and delight millions of people every day. As a Spatial Media Engineer, your work will involve the following: -Prototyping image and video processing for existing and future products. -Implementing spatial media features using a combination of GPU, CPU, and Neural coprocessor components. -Collaborating with other engineers and experts to deliver a feature that is both qualitatively striking and performant. -Working on a shipping and complex media processing system with stringent runtime and power constraints. -Collaboratively iterating with image and video quality experts, and building tooling to accelerate their workflows. -Presenting results clearly and discussing algorithms both quantitatively and qualitatively.
Education & Experience
-MS/Ph.D. in CS/EE/Mathematics/Physics/Imaging Science or similar
- -Experience working with GPUs in an environment like Metal, Vulkan, or WebGPU is a plus.
- -Experience in image or video processing algorithms, inverse problems, or AR/VR is a plus.