Senior Privacy Engineer - Privacy Technologies
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple delivers great features and great privacy to our users. The Privacy Engineering team works with teams all across the company to make sure that products and services protect user privacy by designing architectures that reduce the exposure of user data at all levels of the technology stack. We are looking for an outstanding candidate to become a member of the Apple User Privacy Team.
- Passion for customer privacy
- Ability to learn and research new technologies rapidly, assess privacy exposures, and suggest mitigations
- Ability to analyze systems’ architectures for privacy impact
- Programming experience
- Experience with differential privacy, private federated learning, multi-party computation or other advanced privacy technologies
- Ability to solve complex problems independently
- Collaboration, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
We are seeking an experienced engineer to provide guidance to teams across Apple for privacy technologies like differential privacy, private federated learning, and private information retrieval. In this role you will: - Review features to identify privacy exposures and design mitigations for them and review proposed data collection for privacy impact. - Partner with cryptographers and technical experts in SWE and AIML to help guide our roadmap for privacy technologies. - Provide guidance to engineers and leaders on the right privacy technology to use when developing new features. Successful candidates will need to have experience with privacy technologies, superb communication skills, and a passion for protecting privacy. Creative problem solving, analytical, and deductive reasoning skills are critical for this position. You will be working on multiple unrelated systems each week, so the ability to learn quickly and an excitement for new things is a must.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent experience