AIML - Senior Engineering Program Manager, Siri and Information Intelligence
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Would you like to play a part in shipping groundbreaking technology for large-scale systems, natural language, and artificial intelligence? Are you passionate about building automation frameworks to evaluate ML models and validate AI applications? The Siri Product team is looking for people like you! Machine learning systems enable Siri to be a world-class personal assistant to more than one billion users worldwide. Measurement and Evaluation of these systems is critical to ensuring timely and accurate product releases. We are looking for a technical program/product manager to lead the development of the next phase of our ML measurement and evaluation platform. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of conceptualizing and delivering technically complex platform projects. They will have a solid understanding of the mechanics of developing ML systems and what it takes to scale and ship them to billions of users worldwide.
- 8+ years of experience in project or program management, particularly in the evaluation and integration of ML technologies, digital voice assistant experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of machine learning concepts and technologies. Detailed understanding of building, evaluating and release management processes for ML systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex technical information to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated skill of negotiating and distilling sophisticated technical requirements from multiple partners into a coherent long term platform roadmap
- Analytic mentality and obsession for data, solid understanding of metrics measuring machine learning models and overall system quality
- Excellent project management skills including project structuring and managing multiple work streams interdependently
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the organization
- Ability to independently draft and present deliverables, recommendations and communication strategies
Day to day responsibilities include working with multiple product and Software QE and ML Evaluation teams to understand their requirements for evaluation of ML models and translating them into a roadmap. You will also work with the platform development team and key cross functional partners to prioritize and deliver this roadmap. In addition, you will partner with teams across Siri to drive adoption of the platform. Communication and presentation skills will be key to success in this role. In particular, you will: Communicate: Effectively communicate technical concepts to engineering partners, and executive team. Develop compelling presentations and documentation to showcase the capabilities and benefits of the ML evaluation platforms. Provide insights and recommendations based on evaluation findings. Engage with potential partners to understand their requirements and tailor presentations accordingly. Act as a liaison between technical teams and external partners, addressing queries and concerns. Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Platform Advocacy: Act as a spokesperson for the ML evaluation platforms, advocating its features, benefits, and potential applications. Develop internal marketing collateral and participate in meetings/internal events to promote the ML evaluation platforms. Work closely with engineering partner teams to support the platform's integration into new partnerships. Problem solving: Collaborate with machine learning engineers and data scientists to analyze and interpret results from ML experiments. Proactively identify issues/gaps and design and implement evaluation frameworks for assessing the performance and feasibility of ML technologies. Plan: Collaborate with engineering, data science, and product teams to define project scope and objectives. Create and manage project timelines with clear dependencies, critical path and systematic methodology to communicate status. Manage risks and mitigations, and re- plan as events warrant. Drive alignment across the organization and between teams Coordinate: Coordinate discussions with cross-functional teams involved in the evaluation of ML technologies. Collaborate with engineering, data science, and product teams to define project scope and objectives. Develop and manage project plans, ensuring achievements and deadlines are met. Implement: Drive on time delivery and deployment, identifying development and feasibility needs, establishing achievements for checkpoints and status updates
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field. MBA preferred.