AIML - ML Engineer, MLR
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
As part of Apple’s Machine Learning Research organization, we do world-class scientific research and build the technologies that will power future products at Apple. The ML Research Team does world-class research and development across a wide range of domains including understanding and improving ML, addressing bias and fairness in algorithms, privacy and federated learning, embodied and interactive ML systems, computer vision, and more. The techniques and tools we create will impact ML solutions across Apple, which in turn power most of the features we deliver to billions of consumers worldwide. We are looking for highly motivated, result-oriented engineers with a strong background in ML engineering and software development to join our team. In this position, you will work with researchers across the Machine Learning Research group to build scalable, distributed training and research pipelines in the latest and greatest generative models, large language models, speech, federated learning and privacy.
- Expert in Python programming
- Expert in at least one ML framework (PyTorch preferred but tensorflow or jax are ok as well)
- Experience with CUDA programming, and/or High-Performance Computing and/or distributed computing is a plus
- Experience with open-source projects and collaborative software development
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience and passion to circumvent unexpected roadblocks
- Past research experience is a plus
Work with researchers on the team to build high-performance and scalable software addressing novel ML research algorithms. Apply solid software engineering skills, leverage experience to deal with the unexpected, explore research software solutions and pave the way to future Machine Learning toolboxes. Be part of a small team dedicated to advancing ML algorithms and techniques - Is this you? If so we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Computer Science (or related fields) or related fields or equivalent experience