Accessibility Software Quality Engineer - Physical & Motor
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you want to shape the future of assistive technologies? Are you interested in improving the lives of people with disabilities? We are seeking a Software Quality Engineer to test industry leading assistive-technologies and ensure user feedback continues to drive world-class levels of usability and performance.
- Deep knowledge of Apple’s Physical and Motor assistive technologies
- Experience writing technical bug reports and comprehensive test plan.
- Experience using command line interface to collect logs and diagnose problems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience writing technical bug reports and comprehensive test plans
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
In this role, you’ll be a hands-on tester on the Accessibility Quality & Livability team.You’ll test assistive technologies (new features during development and existing features after they ship) - such as Switch Control, Voice Control, Pointer Control, AssistiveTouch and Accessibility Keyboard. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable working in an exciting environment with rapidly changing priorities while leveraging user perspectives to shape our process and products. This team works closely with the accessibility development team, seed feedback team, AppleCare and other cross-functional teams across Apple’s platforms. Responsibilities include:
Testing our features from the perspective of an assistive technology user.
Leveraging user feedback to plan testing and shape our features.
Representing the team in technical and project meetings.
Partnering with project management, cross-functional partners, and the leadership team to inform our decision making.
Releasing quality software quickly and efficiently.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.