Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
The Video Engineering group is looking for highly motivated applied researcher and engineer to work on research and implementation of computer vision features, and transforming ground breaking ideas into revolutionary features in our next generation of cameras. Our team is focused on real-time computer vision and image processing, combining modern machine learning approaches with geometric knowledge from computer vision. Because we integrate tightly with the hardware platform and even influence its design, we are able to create products that are extremely fast, power efficient, and accurate. We are working on the cutting edge of academic research while creating shipping features, such as portrait mode, ARKit and Animoji.
- Excellent programming skills with C/C++ and Python.
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Deep understanding of 2D and 3D computer vision algorithms.
- Good understanding of machine learning and deep learning algorithms.
- Good GPU programming skills (Metal, CUDA, OpenGL, and/or OpenCL).
- Good performance and optimization skills.
- Good experience with version control and continuous integration.
- Able to work in a cross functional environment.
This position requires highly motivated person who wants to invent real-world solutions. You will be responsible for implementing computer vision and machine learning algorithms for video processing for the next generation of Apple products. You will work with a diverse, fast moving team based in Zurich, Switzerland, and will interact regularly with teams based in Cupertino, USA. The main challenge is to design image and video processing software of production quality level with sustainable performance in a very constrained mobile system. To drive this successfully, you have a good understanding at a system level and communication with different teams (algorithms, firmware and driver, sensors, SoC).
Education & Experience
PhD or Masters in computer science, computer vision, computer graphics, machine learning, or equivalent Alternatively, a comparable industry career with a proven track record