Applied ML Engineer (Computer Vision)
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Machine Learning and AI
As part of the Apple's Machine Learning and AI team, we transform every Apple product and because we fully integrate hardware and software, we can collaborate to deliver amazing experiences while protecting user data. This is an opportunity to join a new team in Apple AI/ML that is investigating novel visual capabilities of Siri across all Apple product that will transform the way people engage with the world around them! We’re looking for strong engineers to work on ground breaking technology, collaborate with experts across Apple, and deliver new end-to-end experiences that delight customers.
- Excellent knowledge and good practical skills in major machine learning algorithms
- Skilled in deep learning, information retrieval and data mining
- Able to develope and implement high-quality computer vision algorithms
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency in Python and another language (C/C++, Go, Swift, Rust)
- Experience with relevant deep learning software packages (Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch…)
As a machine learning engineer you are excited to solve high impact problems using deep learning and large data sets. You will stay up to date with the latest research in detection, segmentation and metric learning and work with a team of highly qualified computer vision and machine learning specialists to develop innovative computer vision/machine learning systems in the area of visual search. You'll be involved in all phases of model development including data analysis, prototyping, testing, deployment. Based in Zurich, we work closely with teams across Apple worldwide. We are looking for passionate Applied ML Engineers to join our Agile development teams. You will have great technical skills, a drive for high quality software and the ability to innovate creative solutions. Communicating clearly and having the flexibility to learn new technologies, while continuously developing your skills will be key to your success. You will fit into our teams, be a hardworking collaborator, comfortable with giving and receiving feedback and able to thrive in a dynamic environment. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in computer vision, machine learning, computer science or equivalent industry experience.