Embedded Firmware Engineer
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Design, develop & launch next-generation Wireless Power Technologies in Apple products. The mission of the Wireless Power Technology team - Build one of the world’s best Wireless Charging user-experience by improving state-of-the-art technologies. The Wireless Power Technology team develops bleeding-edge Wireless Charging designs that are central to Apple’s products - the iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPods and more. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of hardworking & smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity & innovation. We are looking for a FW engineer that will be in charge of the design, the architecture, the development of FW of our new wireless power systems.
- Industry experience with FW design, development, and debugging in C and/or C++
- Proven experience with compilers, debuggers (clang, gcc, lldb, custom tooling, etc.)
- Good skills in scripting languages, such as shell, python, matlab.
- Experience with mixed analog/digital ASICs and early chip development (FPGAs, chip validation, bring-up, etc.)
- Solid Knowledge of micro-controller cores and fundamentals (Cortex-M, digital peripherals, bus architecture, etc.)
- Knowledge / experience in the following field is a plus: Electrical Engineering, Wireless Charging, Qi standard
As FW engineer in the HID department (Human Interface Device), you will work with several teams spread over the world to develop or improve our wireless power core technology. Your work will focus on design and development of the FW for wireless charging system with a strong attention paid on the architecture (system and FW). your activities include but is not limited to: - System architecture and chip specification review and feedback on the dedicated team - Multi project FW Architecture design and documentation, Synchronisation with team in various location - FW development in C/C++ for real time, low consumption, low resources embedded systems - Build system development and maintenance - Test tool development in Shell / Python / Matlab - QA support - Factory support
Education & Experience
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent program
- - Proactive, willing and able to operate with little direct mentorship or supervision, work effectively with incomplete or vaguely defined requirements
- - Standout Colleague, collaborative, committed to work with various team over the world
- - Architect, pragmatic, detailed
- - Effective written and oral communication skills, particularly with technical content.
- If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!