Machine Learning Engineer
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Software and Services
Are you interested in building products that use machine learning and computer vision technology in novel and interactive ways? Are you looking to apply your state-of-the-art knowledge to produce amazing features like Scribble on the Apple Watch or developing future technologies for the Apple Pencil? You will be joining a newly established team in Zurich, Switzerland. We are looking for a motivated engineer to help develop our next generation of machine learning solutions and work closely with other teams to ship high-visibility features in products that will be used by millions every day.
- Experience with modern machine learning algorithms
- Experience with image processing, computer vision, speech recognition, or natural language processing
- Strong programming, debugging, and design skills
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to produce creative and innovative solutions to challenging problems
As a member of the team you will be responsible for bringing innovative ideas to our next generation of products. The work typically involves applying modern deep learning methods with large amounts of data to solving problems that matter. We are seeking an engineer who will be responsible for prototyping new features as well as contributing to the overall design and development of existing components. The ideal candidate should have experience in computer vision, speech recognition, deep learning, and/or other applications of machine learning systems.
Education & Experience
PhD or MA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field, or equivalent.
- Enthusiastic about building end-to-end experiences using machine learning.
- Experience building deep learning toolkits with modern tools
- Detailed knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages: C++, C, Objective-C, or Swift
- Experience with Unix, iOS, or macOS development
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.