Embedded Firmware Engineer - HID-Wireless Power Division
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Design, develop & launch next-generation Wireless Power Technologies in Apple products. The mission of the Wireless Power Technology team - Create one of the world’s best Wireless Charging user-experience by enhancing state-of-the-art technologies. The Wireless Power Technology team develops bleeding-edge Wireless Charging designs that are central to Apple’s products - the iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPods and more. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented & smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that develops engineering excellence, creativity & innovation. We are looking for a FW engineer that will be in charge of the design, the architecture, the development of FW of our new wireless power systems.
- 3+ years of proven experience with FW design, development, and debugging in C and/or C++
- Proven experience with compilers, debuggers (clang, gcc, lldb, custom tooling, etc.)
- Good skills in scripting languages, such as shell, Python, Matlab.
- Experience with mixed analog/digital ASICs and early chip development (FPGAs, chip validation, bring-up, etc.) is very welcome
- Solid Knowledge of micro-controller cores and fundamentals (Cortex-M, digital peripherals, bus architecture, etc.)
- Knowledge / experience in the following field is a plus: Electrical Engineering, Wireless Charging, Qi standard
As Fw engineer in the HID department (Human Interface Device), you will work with several teams spread over the world to develop or improve our wireless power core technology. Your work will focus on design and development of the FW for wireless charging system with a strong attention paid on the architecture (system and FW). your activities include but is not limited to: - System architecture and chip specification review and feedback on the dedicated team - Multi project FW Architecture design and documentation, Synchronisation with team in various location - FW development in C/C++ for real time, low consumption, low resources embedded systems - Build system development and maintenance - Test tool development in Shell / Python / Matlab - QA support - Factory support
Education & Experience
- MSC, Engineering School or phD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent program
- - Self-motivated, willing and able to operate with little direct guidance or supervision, work effectively with incomplete or vaguely defined
- - Great Teammate, collaborative, committed to work with various team over the world
- - Architect, pragmatic, thorough
- - Effective written and oral communication skills, particularly with technical content.
- - Travel to USA or China 3 to 4 times per year, 1-2 weeks at a time.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- If this is you, we'd love to hear form you!
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.