HID Data Engineer
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Machine Learning and AI
Join the engineering team that turns sensor signals into next-generation human interfaces for AirPods, iPhone, iPad, Macs, and exciting new products. You will be part of a strong team with a wide range of backgrounds, including signal and image processing, statistics, machine learning, human factors, and firmware development. This is a role where you will design, develop and support high quality, scalable data processing platforms that enable quick algorithm development for Apple products.
- - Expertise in Python programming (functional and object-oriented)
- - Able to develop optimized pipelines for :
- - data acquisition, pruning and preprocessing
- - insightful data and performance visualizations
- - iterating over algorithm variants
- - Some exposure to developing infrastructure for large-scale data processing and annotation.
- - Working with C or C++
- - Experience with optimization, estimation algorithms, distributed algorithm design, and hands-on implementation of these techniques.
- - Ability to serve as a technical lead — building technical requirements, software design, implementation, and clear communication
- - Experience implementing end-to-end data science and machine learning projects.
We are looking for a data engineer who can develop efficient pipelines for large-scale data processing and annotation. You will work closely with human factors and algorithm engineers to mine critical data, implement algorithm evaluation pipelines, visualize data and optimize algorithm tuning workflows. HID operates at the intersection of hardware, software, and design. That means the problems you take on will have many interesting facets, the work and challenges are dynamic, and you will get to know and collaborate with skilled, diverse people all across the company.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. (or Ms.C) in EE, CS, ME, mathematics, physics, or another engineering or technical field Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.