Intern - Software Engineer (iOS/macOS)
Paris, Paris Region, France
Why Apple? Imagine what we could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. As an intern, you can join the team that brought iCloud Drive to the Mac and iOS devices. The team owns a file synchronization engine (built on top of the CloudKit framework) and is responsible for delivering petabytes of documents to hundreds of millions of devices. We also work closely with third party services like Dropbox or OneDrive to help them integrate with the two OS's. We work hand in hand with the file system team, the CloudKit team, with the Finder and Files app teams, and with the iCloud teams developing and operating the service on our servers. We do a lot of API design for our third-party developers.
- You will have a deep fluency in C (pointer arithmetic, etc). We code in C, Objective-C and in Swift.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills.
Possible internship projects include investigating and optimising IO patterns on the system or defining critical metrics and building a telemetry system to monitor the quality of the service. We are looking for someone outstanding who can understand complex systems quickly and in this position you'd help design, implement and converge code which will ship in next year's products.
Education & Experience
- Computer Science Bachelors student or equivalent experience. - Computer Science Masters student, or equivalent experience. - PhD. in Computer Science, industry experience a plus.
- - The internship is located at the Apple office in Paris, France, however, positions exist in Cupertino as well.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.