Siri - Tools & Automation Engineer
Paris, Paris Region, France
Software and Services
Why Apple? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join the team responsible for bringing new languages to Siri, as well as other cloud based services. We are a passionate group dedicated to bringing Apple's products to the world. We are looking for highly motivated foreign language experts with software development skills to join our team.
- Work with minimal supervision, dedicated and ambitious for timely delivery of quality code.
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven track record in delivering product-quality code.
- Engineering experience and interest in diverse technical areas.
- Clear and compelling interpersonal skills.
This position offers the opportunity to perform software engineering specific to the bring up and improvement of Siri and other Apple cloud based software user interfaces into foreign languages. You will be able to apply knowledge of relevant natural languages, natural language modeling, data science, software development, and techniques of translation to help deliver leading edge features and functionality for our international customers. Apple is looking for creativity, leadership, and superior technical expertise, and a demonstrated interest in focusing on practical implementations and engineering solutions. The ideal candidate has worked on shipping products. This is an opportunity to have a major impact on the design and implementation of the next generation of localization and translation technologies used in the production of Apple's cloud based services. We will consider people with exceptional track records in these areas, and also people who are early in their careers and exhibit strong potential for growth. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - Bring Siri to more international markets by developing language specific natural language, and work on other cloud based features for the international market. - Provide guidance and suggestions towards innovating new approaches and new product features within Apple's internal localization tools and automation infrastructure. - Solving complex technical problems. - Automating and integrating workflow from diverse systems. - Work with other teams in Apple software to adopt and integrate their technologies where appropriate, and drive the extension of their technologies where necessary.
Education & Experience
- B.A. in Linguistics or Natural Language Processing, or B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Practical experience in following areas is a huge plus:
- - Native speaker fluency in one or more commercially meaningful natural languages.
- - iOS or macOS development skills.
- - Engineering experience in areas of classification and information retrieval, natural language processing, and the like.