Employee & Labour Relations Leader
Paris, Paris Region, France
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could achieve. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. The Employee & Labour Relations Leader provides support and leadership to the Retail team around ER and LR, in order to protect Apple’s values and culture. They lead the local ELR team in building leadership capability through training, coaching and consulting to support a positive employee & labor relations environment. The E&LR Leader assists leaders in dealing with employee issues and concerns including policy interpretation, investigations and compliance. This includes fostering a creative and productive workplace and ensuring legal compliance and adherence to Apple policies. The E&LR Leader designs the ER & Social Partnership strategy of their Geo in partnership with the Market Director and aligned with the Global & Local People strategy.
- HR experience related to employee relations preferred
- Experienced in balancing multiple priorities, stakeholders and work streams across markets
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, including the ability to organise, plan, and prioritise tasks
- DEMONSTRATED COMMAND SKILLS AND AN ABILITY TO INFLUENCE OTHERS
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships and work reciprocally with multiple functional and business partners.
- EXCEPTIONAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS INCLUDING EFFECTIVE LISTENING, WRITING AND PRESENTATION
- Deep knowledge of local employment laws and regulations.
- Large corporation HR/ER experience preferred.
Provide guidance to senior leaders, ER team and wider organisation to support legislatively compliant implementation of initiatives. Lead the local ELR Org to timely resolution, information capture and closure of ER cases. Identify, analyse and implement resolutions to complex and sensitive employee relations issues. Lead and conduct investigations involving potential misconduct and policy violations. Lead the development and implementation of company-wide employee relations programs, policies, and procedures. Consult and influence all levels of management regarding critical and complex employee relations decisions. Evaluate and review employee related decisions in response to employee concerns. Support Crisis Management Team & workplace violence assessments and implement response plans as needed. Ensure implementation of a relevant ELR Learning strategy, aligned with our Global philosophy and local needs. Support all levels of Leadership, Store Employees and Corporate Partners in navigating Short & Longterm Sick cases, and identifying suitable accommodations including Job Searches. Ensure compliance with all government, labour or employment related audits, information requests and inspections. Use ER metric analysis with clients to highlight trends and develop strategies to foster positive ER in the business and mitigate risk. Support Global ER projects/initiatives as needed. Lead the locally relevant social representation agenda. Ensure local electoral processes are delivered to support the ELR strategy, and are legislatively compliant. Analyse and provide guidance regarding the implementation of key company initiatives through information sharing, consultation, and codetermination activities. Prepare information/consultation documentation to support discussion with social partners. Lead the partnership with key stakeholders before, during, and after social partner negotiations, to support business strategy. Prepare the relevant guidance for Leadership and other key stakeholders in case of serious LR situations. Support local leaders with social partners’ queries/demands.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.