Apple Cloud Infrastructure - Software Engineer
Paris, Région Parisienne, France
Software and Services
Come help us build the next generation cloud platform to support internet services across Apple. Our software provides storage at massive scale and with the highest reliability to product teams inside Apple. We are looking for a world-class Software Engineer with experience in developing large scale services and infrastructure.
- A successful track-record and proven experience as a backend internet services software developer.
- Proven aptitude for building, launching and operating very large-scale production internet services.
- Deep knowledge of Java, Java libraries, non-blocking and thread safe programming.
- Understanding of C++ libraries and JNI integration a plus.
- Some exposure to structured or unstructured storage and caching.
- Understanding of file system handling on Linux.
- Experience Web UI, including modern JS frameworks (e.g. React) a plus.
- Knowledge of continuous integration, testing methodologies, TDD and agile development methodologies.
- Open to pair programming.
We are building, and supporting new, critical infrastructural systems and frameworks which provide and support services like structured and unstructured storage, caching, queueing, searching, and much more. These form the platform upon which many iCloud and other backend systems at Apple are built. The team is responsible for the next generation platform that will power Apple’s infrastructural services. These services have huge scale and store hundreds of petabytes of data. The platform will support a variety of services based on open-source software, such as Apache Cassandra, SOLR, Zookeeper, Kafka, Redis, etc. We are looking for a strong, hardworking developer to join as a member of this group. This person will have a tremendous amount of individual responsibility and influence over the direction the backend of many critical Apple internet services take for years to come. You are someone with ideas and real passion for software delivered as a service to improve reuse, efficiency, and simplicity. This engineer’s work will impact hundreds of millions of users and be essential to the success of some of the most transparent current and future Apple features.
Formation et expérience
• Technical BS/MS degree or equivalent work experience.
- • Design, build and maintain software & services to improve the feature set, availability, scalability and security of Apple's internal cloud infrastructure.
- • Use proven testing methodology to assure system stability and performance.
- • Some international travel will be required in this role.