iOS QA Engineer – 12 month contract (CDD)
Paris, Paris Region, France
Software and Services
The Paris R&D team is seeking a QA Engineer for 12 months – (Contrat à Durée Déterminée – CDD de 12 mois). We are seeking a creative and highly motivated Software Test Engineer who will be responsible for end-to-end testing of the Files app and the Quick Look framework for iOS as well as the Preview app on macOS. In this role you will be working closely with the software development team in Paris and Cupertino You will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to contribute to and improve the software that allows our products to delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- Experience of experience working in Software development and testing
- Experience in troubleshooting quality issues in system software domain
- Ability to investigate, debug and triage difficult problems and independently work towards results
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (highly desirable would be fluent French and English) are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, and other organizations within Apple
- Self-motivated with passion for quality and automation
- Nice to Have
- Knowledge in one or more Scripting or Programming Languages is a plus (including Swift, Objective C, Python, or Shell)
- Experience with automation frameworks and tools development is a plus
- Knowledge of file systems and networking technologies is a plus
- Highly desirable would be fluent French and English
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills, and a deep interest in Software Quality. You will be responsible for functional testing (manual and automated) of first-party applications on iOS and macOS. You will need to identify, escalate, and communicate key build quality issues, and work towards resolutions on the critical issues affecting the build quality with the engineering team. Other responsibilities include end-to-end testing features across multiple platforms, and conducting system and integration tests across all platforms.
Education & Experience
- Please note this is a fixed 12 month role.