Vulnerability Exploitation Researcher
Paris, Paris Region, France
Software and Services
Apple Security Engineering & Architecture believes the best defense is a good offense. When it comes to securing the world's most advanced operating systems, that means finding vulnerabilities first. We're looking for talented and inspired individuals to join our crack group of security engineers to evaluate Apple's products before they ship, with the goal of better safeguarding our users’ long-term assets.
- Strong experience with developing proof of concepts for vulnerabilities, bypassing anti-exploitation protections.
- Strong understanding of the principles and use of security primitives and protocols.
- Strong background in secure coding best practices and code auditing.
- Proficiency with assembly languages, ARM a huge plus.
- Proficiency with the architecture and security design of modern operating systems.
- Practice of reverse engineering using tools such as IDA Pro or Ghida, developing plug-ins.
- Practice of C, C++, Python and/or Objective-C programming.
- Ability to track and handle numerous parallel activities.
- ----Preferred experience in addition would include:-
- Experience designing and architecting systems with security in mind.
- Familiarity with embedded and µ-architecture security.
- Knowledge of macOS and iOS security architectures.
- Exposure to kernel programming.
You’ll become part of an outstanding group focusing on securing low level technologies such as iOS and OS X kernel, boot ROMs, firmware etc. You’ll be working with a wide variety of teams and providers. Your influence will be felt throughout Apple's extraordinary products, such as the iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV. Not only will you be tasked with identifying threats in advance, you will also be directly involved in Apple's response to critical issues as they arise. From finding new vulnerabilities, developing proof of concepts, providing informative analysis, driving corrections, creating innovative tools and consulting with other teams, the job is as diverse as it is critical. This position requires a standout colleague with strong technical strengths and a passionate desire to secure systems by showing how they can be broken. Your responsibilities will include: -Making Apple’s products the industry’s most secure. -Assisting with audit of security critical code and hardware. -Developing smart automated tools for vulnerability finding. -Developing exploits on discovered vulnerabilities to challenge existing mitigation techniques. -Providing security design consulting to other teams. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science/Information Security or equivalent work experience.
- This position may require some travel to other Apple sites, vendors and security conferences.
- To work together, we all speak English and you'll need to be fluent too, but speaking French is not required for this role.