iCloud Drive - Bug Triage Engineer and Analyst
Paris, Paris Region, France
Software and Services
Do you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product? As a bug triage engineer and analyst on the iCloud Drive team, you’ll bring your keen observational and analytical skills, empathy for users, and passion for quality to an engineering team working to make the next version of iCloud Drive insanely great.
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with consumer-facing software development processes
- Expertise with bug tracking systems
- Experience with data analytics tools like Splunk
- Experience debugging software issues in complex systems
- Experience with Scripting languages (e.g Python)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedicated, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and well-organized
As a bug triage engineer and analyst on the iCloud Drive team, you will triage incoming bugs, analyze logs, and determine priority of issues. You will be expected to spot emerging issues from bug reports filed by Apple employees and external developers, follow up with bug filers to collect additional information that can help the team debug, test features and fixes. You will analyze live metrics, help design the data that is collected while preserving the privacy of our users, and correlate bug reports with metrics evolutions to identify route causes and measure user impact. You will assess the user impact of bugs and have a direct input into the priorities of the engineering team. You will be expected to raise concerns about the quality of various areas of the stack and work with engineering managers to make sure that these are addressed. You will consider the relevance of enhancement requests submitted by beta users and make recommendations to the engineering managers to continue improving the product. You will gain encyclopedic knowledge of a complex software stack, that goes all the way from the macOS and iOS kernel and up to the Apple servers. You will apply that knowledge to engineering design discussions and feature planning. You will drive our day-to-day process around bug management in service of delivering high quality features and improvements to our developers and users. We are looking for an enthusiastic, curious, and technically savvy teammate who can juggle a variety of tasks efficiently. Are you excited about being a member of the iCloud Drive engineering team, working side by side with engineers and QA engineers? We want your energy and unique perspective on our team!
Education & Experience
Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Understanding the fundamentals of statistics is desirable
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.