Wireless Device Field Engineer
Paris, Paris Region, France
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! Do you want to impact millions of users by developing an extra-ordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? We are the Apple Field Design Engineering team, and we are seeking a highly motivated and technical individual to work on testing unreleased Apple products. You will be responsible for evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch hardware systems, in the field, from early prototype to final products, on different network and wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of device logs from the field. Come join our team and become part of a hands-on team that fosters engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. We are a team of multifaceted, encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish, imagine what you could do here!
- Live network test experience with the ability to identify specific test scenarios
- Basic understanding of mobile network infrastructures
- Demonstrate the ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product
- Professional communication skills tailored to situation and audience
- Good interpersonal and proven written/verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, analytic, proactive, able to work independently and committed in getting things right.
- Comfortable with working on hardware and in supporting engineering in debugging/reproducing hard to reproduce issues.
- Able to travel locally and internationally
Field Engineer will be involved in very early evaluations of our Prototypes and HW Systems on different wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of trace log from the field. It also includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, acoustics, thermals, GPS Validation etc. The successful candidate will be working with several multi-functional teams and perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/SW System issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science