Data Engineering Manager - BPR
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We’re looking for a Manager for our Data Engineering and Analytics team who is passionate and motivated to make an impact in creating a robust and scalable data platform. This is a role in the Operations Business Analytics team, which provides a unique opportunity to create innovations and transformational change leveraging cloud and big data technologies. The position will provide architecture, design, development and project management and people leadership. This position involves working with a diverse team to develop large scale data pipelines and analytical solutions using Big Data technologies. Successful candidates will have strong engineering skills and communication, as well as a belief that data driven processes lead to great products. You will need to have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems.
- Overall 15+ years' experience including at-least 8-10 years of People Management experience leading data and analytics teams
- Hands on manager passionate about architecting highly scalable analytical solution
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously and ability to handle challenging stakeholders
- Develop architectural models that will operate at large scale and high performance, and advise on how to run these architectural models on On Prem or Private or Hybrid Cloud infrastructure.
- Proficiency with DataWarehouse and database platforms like Teradata, Oracle, Snowflake, BigQuery and SQL is required.
- Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization with Hands-on experience with any cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Have solid grasp of advanced data warehouse concepts (Factless Fact tables, Temporal \ BI-Temporal models, etc.)
- Hands on experience with track record of analysis, design, Prototype, develop, deploy Data and BI solutions in complex corporate IT platforms
- Partner closely with stakeholders and counterparts across the globe to understand their business challenge and develop appropriate analytics
- A strategic mindset with focus on execution, with emphasis on developing talent
As a Data Engineering Manager, you will lead the teams to design, develop and implement modern cloud based data warehouse/ data lakes and influence overall data platform strategy for the organization. Key Responsibilities • Lead a team of data engineer and analysts and partner with other cross functional teams in India and across the globe • Incubate and iterate quickly newer capabilities through POCs/Pilots on latest cutting edge technologies. • Ability to think understand complex business requirements and render them as prototype systems with quick turnaround time. • Manage and govern Operations Data Platform including Core Functional Semantic, Common Data Model. • Capture and manage business data needs from various stakeholders, collaborate and influence to deliver solutions with positive results.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, CIS/MIS, or related discipline with an information technology focus. MBA / MS preferred; focus on Operations management/supply chain management is a plus.
- Implementation experience of Cloud based services in a variety of business such as large enterprises and start-ups.
- • Deep understanding of Data transformations , underlying technologies and understanding of related concepts (such as data cataloging and curation, etc.)
- • Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Data Warehousing, Data Science and Data processing.