Sub-System Mechanical Validation Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Apple’s Technology Development Group is seeking an experienced, technical, upbeat Subsystem Mechanical Validation engineer to join our team! This individual must demonstrate an understanding of system level design and associated validation for consumer electronics. They will work with systems engineers and product design to create and execute an end-to-end validation plan for critical sub-systems including design of custom parts, metrology and equipment, instrumentation of systems to validate the performance of new apple products.
- Experience creating validation plans for hardware products including developing test methodologies for new features and technologies
- Familiarity with a wide variety of sensor technologies, data acquisition systems, and fundamental analog/digital signal processing techniques to capture and synchronize high quality data from multiple sources.
- Experience using CAD and creating prototypes to enable the designing and building of test fixtures and measurement systems.
- Advanced understanding of how to apply statistics to ensure the proper interpretation of your data.
- Experience in applying engineering first principles to evaluate the performance of designs.
- Intermediate/advanced programming experience in Matlab, Python, R or similar for analysis of complex data sets, creation of data visualizations, and automation of repetitive tasks.
- Excellent communication skills with an enthusiastic, confident, respectful, and open-minded approach to collaborative work including presenting, debating and brainstorming.
We believe the successful candidate is a detail orientated problem solver. They must be able to provide impactful recommendations to the design teams via persuasive presentations supported by compelling data visualizations. Experience in mechatronics design and empirical data collection with a proven foundation of mechanical engineering first principles are essential. We are seeking a candidate with at least 3-5 years of experience. Preferably in system design, integration, bring up and productization of complex consumer electronics, optical, aerospace or autonomous driving systems. This role is can be considered for San Diego or Santa Clara Valley.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in relevant field (Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mechatronics)