Senior Software Infrastructure Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Technology Development Group is looking for an experienced Software Infrastructure Engineer to help drive exciting projects that have a huge impact on Apple's long term success. Our team provides a key function in shaping the success of Apple’s current and future products. We help deliver exciting new software features while maintaining our world class quality.
- Experience with deploying and managing large fleets of *nix systems (macOS and Linux).
- Experience in developing infrastructure automation tools.
- Experience in multiple high-level programming languages such as Python, Go, Ruby or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure services including DNS, DHCP, LDAP authentication, virtualization, system health monitoring and troubleshooting service impediments.
- Experience establishing and leveraging key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive service reliability improvements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, be accountable, raise issues and take corrective actions.
This position includes maintaining and scaling a highly reliable infrastructure platform and dependent software applications. You should have a strong aptitude for learning new technologies and the ability to solve problems at scale. Some of your day to day responsibilities will include:
Designing, developing, and implementing procedures and tools that improve the efficiency of Apple's infrastructure.
Driving new infrastructure projects from scoping to deployment and developing maintenance plans to ensure ongoing success.
Integrating and analyzing telemetry to optimize system performance.
Participate in on-call schedule to ensure high service reliability.
Work cross-functionally with numerous teams from a variety of disciples across Apple, including hardware/software development, developer tools, design, QA and project management.
Regularly explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push our infrastructure forwards and get ahead of our customers' needs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S) in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with high-availability operations management, including multi-tenancy deployment automation and rollback strategies.