Big Data Software Engineer - Observability and Reliability Engineering
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had, You will be inspired, challenged and proud. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking to hire extraordinary individuals with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams. You will build groundbreaking software service, one that is continually innovating and is proud of making a difference. You should be a self starter, motivated, with exceptional interpersonal skills as well as a positive and flexible approach to problems. The applicant should have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, tight deadline delivery timeline. As a part of this dynamic team, the applicant will help us build the Apple experience on a global scale. Applied Machine Learning provides a platform for low latency, high throughput real time fraud decisioning system and various ML solutions and services. This blog https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2023/05/app-store-stopped-more-than-2-billion-in-fraudulent-transactions-in-2022/ (https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2023/05/app-store-stopped-more-than-2-billion-in-fraudulent-transactions-in-2022/) is one such example of enabling our AppStore team in fraud avoidance. This opening is with Data Platform SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) SWE(Software Engineering) team. This team owns and manages large scale distributed hybrid Data Platform through various tools, frameworks and operations through code. Few examples of DataPlatform Stack - Apache Spark, Flink, Jupyter Notebook, Iceberg, Trino, Datahub, Kubernetes etc.
- 3 - 8 years hands-on programming experience with design, development and productizing highly available, distributed and scalable transactional enterprise systems.
- Strong hands on programming experience in Python or Java/J2EE or GoLang building middleware or backend applications.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and real world distributed systems deployment/debugging experience.
- Proven record with rapid development cycles and demanding schedules.
- Experience doing Software Development using Agile methodologies.
This role involves end-to-end cycle of design, development, deployment, management of core services for critically meaningful AML data platform. You will also enjoy the benefits of working in a fast growing business where you are encouraged to "Think Different" and where your efforts play a key role in the success of Apple's business.
Education & Experience
B.Tech. degree in computer science or equivalent
- - Experience working on Cloud technologies, Kubernetes.
- - Strong development experience of micro services architecture in a highly distributed environment with web services, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate and SOA.
- - Experience with RDBMS like Mysql, Oracle and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Couchbase, Elasticsearch.
- - Experience of BigData Tech stack.
- - Experience of SRE practices.