C++ Software Engineer - Maps 3D Graphics and Rendering
Software and Services
Would you like to contribute to one of the most compelling mobile applications? The Apple Maps Display team develops the rendering engines used by the Apple Maps app and hundreds of other applications. We are looking for an experienced Graphics Software Engineer to join the team which renders real-time views of the world on devices ranging from Apple Watch to Apple TV. This is an opportunity to shape how the world is rendered and have your work used by millions of people daily to search, explore, and navigate our world. This role is available in Santa Clara Valley, Los Angeles/Culver City, and the Seattle area if you are interested in those locations.
- Excellent design, coding, and debugging skills in C++
- Strong best practices (design patterns, algorithms) for designing and developing on a large codebase similar to a game engine
- Autonomously drive features from definition to shipment
- Knowledge of 3D math, the graphics pipeline and modern rendering techniques
- Experience with a modern graphics API (Metal, Vulkan, Direct3D 12) and shading language (MSL, HLSL/GLSL)
- CPU and GPU performance evaluation and optimization
- Good teamwork and communication skills
We are the Maps Display Team that is responsible for developing the industry-leading 3D experiences for Apple Maps and Apple developers! We are looking for talented engineers who are curious about the possibilities and passionate about building great products. As a member of the Maps Display Team, you will be working on ground-breaking technology to provide spectacular user-experiences across a range of uses and applications.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD in computer vision, computer science, computer engineering and 5+ years of relevant industry experience