EDA CAD Tool Engineer - PCB Simulation
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Want to come help Apple make amazing products? The Apple Hardware Engineering Solutions team is looking for an ECAD Simulation and Analysis Tools Engineer to design, architect and develop analysis and simulation workflows on complex, groundbreaking Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs). In this multi-functional role, using detailed knowledge of the system design process, you will develop solutions to improve the efficiency of the Apple system design teams. You will be responsible for developing outstanding automated workflows for the analysis and simulation of Apple PCBs. You will empower key product engineers to identify problem areas and optimization opportunities. You will develop new methods to analyze sophisticated designs to enable the assessment of their quality before manufacturing. Finally, you will enable the democratization of simulation across multiple functional teams as you strategically plan and tactically implement company-wide solutions.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3+ years of experience with EDA tools such as HFSS, Q3D, SIwave, PowerSI, PowerDC, HyperLynx and relevant simulation methodologies. Candidates with more experience, can take on more responsibilities.
- Proficiency with Signal Integrity (SI) and Power Integrity (PI) system design software solutions and methodologies.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language: Python, PERL or TCL.
- A proven understanding of fundamentals of Signal and Power Integrity.
- Self-starter with phenomenal interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a multifaceted work environment, independently and as part of a team.
- Get-it-done attitude
Design and develop Signal Integrity (SI) and Power Integrity (PI) analysis and simulation solutions on sophisticated, groundbreaking PCBs. Develop a regression infrastructure and suggest design metrics to supervise and analyze. Work with multi-functional partners to define use cases, brainstorm solutions and generate product requirements. Act as domain authority and evangelize innovative analysis and simulation solutions and tools to the hardware engineering community. Collaborate with vendors to ensure that Apple’s needs are understood and met. Work under aggressive schedules, independently and within a larger project context, to achieve initiatives
Education & Experience
Ph.D or MS or BS Degree.