Cellular 4G/5G Physical Layer Firmware Verification and Integration Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive with pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of an extraordinary modem team, you’ll craft sophisticated innovative embedded firmware that deliver more performance in our products than ever before! You’ll work across teams to transform improved hardware elements into a single, coordinated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. Do you want to have an impact on every single Apple product? You will be at the center of the embedded 5G/4G/multimode cellular firmware effort within a silicon design group responsible for crafting and productizing powerful cellular SoCs. This position requires someone comfortable will all aspects of embedded firmware feature verification, issue triage, and issue debugging. This individual thrives in a sophisticated multi-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to shift on constantly evolving requirements.
- In-depth understanding of 5G and 4G 3GPP physical layer and protocol.
- Experience with test case planning, test execution, issue debugging, and issue triage.
- Strong understanding of automation tools and scripting languages such as Python.
- Strong validated understanding of multiple 4G/5G signaling and physical layer test equipment (Keysight/Anritsu/R&S) along with their automation interfaces.
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
- Fundamental facility with build and source code control tools.
- Some mainstream OS application level development and Python/Java or Perl scripting experience.
- Versatile to learn new architecture and frameworks.
- Previous experience with network emulators.
- Experience with silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms a plus.
• Work on a team of component validation and integration engineers. • Develop and support validation frameworks. • Design, develop, and implement test cases. • Physical layer Issue triage and debug. • Verify key protocol, signal processing and numerical algorithms with very tight time, latency and energy budgets. • Work with Hardware/Firmware/Systems Engineering teams to perform validation of new and existing features. • Evaluate and implement innovative tools for build, formal verification and test.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required.