Display Technology Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Apple is looking for an elite display engineer to lead the design, development and qualification activities of the next generation display technology and products. This individual will serve as a focal point in handling new display technology development and drive the implementation of critical technology platforms to improve display performance, from design conception to hardware and experience prototyping, and to final products. We are needing someone involved in system modeling to assist in the design and validation. You will work with a diverse and multi-disciplinary group of highly hardworking colleagues. We are seeking a directly responsible individual to collaborate with multi-functional teams and suppliers to understand design tolerance and sensitivities, optimize system level performance base on critical metrics, and validate system designs through engineering builds and design of experiments. A successful candidate needs to be comfortable with new technology, flexible problem solver, meticulous attention to detail, highly independent and motivated to get results. You should be able to address problems outside of your respective technical area, have strong presentation and communication skills, and can thrive in a highly dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence and innovation. You will be part of something big, come join us!
- Consistent track record in product development or new technology bring up
- Deep understanding of various display technologies, optics fundamentals, and experience in building compelling hardware or experience prototypes
- Expertise in mini-LED and/or micro-LED technology and their applications to display
- Experienced with optical modeling and a high-level programming language
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Independent and highly motivated to get results
- Experience in LED driver IC or related field a huge plus
- Investigate new display technologies, perform detail tradeoff studies, and generate innovative approaches to further improve display performance - Define overall optical and component architecture and requirements, and drive meticulous validation plan to meet display performance and quality targets - Develop numerical models and hardware prototype to demonstrate proposed solution or experience - Drive issue failure analysis and corrective action, and connect with broader team on pros, cons and risks associated with any proposed solution - Collaborate with module and system team to understand critical metrics impacting display performance and drive component spec convergence - Host regular supplier meetings to drive engineering activities to meet project landmarks and convergence on any open issues
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Optics, Physics, EE, ME, or M.S. with minimum 5 years of experience in related field.