Video Applications, Authentication Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
The Video Applications group develops high-profile media creation applications used by millions of people. iMovie, Final Cut Pro X, Motion, and Compressor are state-of-the-art media authoring tools which consumers and creative professionals rely on for everything from broadcast news and feature films to documentaries and home movies. Our user base is passionate and loyal, and our products sit at the center of a rich partner ecosystem in a vibrant industry. The Video Applications team is seeking a senior engineer with experience in practical cryptographic techniques, to develop architecture, algorithms, and practical implementations for establishing and querying a content "chain of custody," to determine content authenticity, or conversely to identify content tampering. The design will span our video content creation applications, as well as other content applications within Apple and potentially the industry.
- Strong motivation to develop leading-edge cryptographic implementations
- Expertise in fundamental cryptographic algorithms and uses such as fingerprinting and watermarking
- Ability to translate high-level product goals into core technology solutions
- Excellent C and systems programming skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver great work on tight schedules
- Strong communication and teamwork skills to work multi-functionally with related software organizations
- Experience contributing to standards activities a plus
As a senior engineering professional in Video Applications, you will work with multiple teams on the architecture and implementation of methods to record a cryptographically robust chain of custody of the history of image, video, and audio content, from initial creation through multiple steps of modification and compositing. The job will require expertise in cryptographic algorithms and uses such as fingerprinting and watermarking. This individual will work cross-functionally with related technology and media-creation product teams within Video Applications and at Apple, as well as working with product technologists at partner companies, and at industry standards organizations.
Education & Experience
PhD or MS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience/skills.