Senior Security Engineer
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Software and Services
People at Apple don’t just build products they craft the kind of experience that have revolutionized entire industries. The diverse collection of our people and their ideas inspire innovation in everything we do. Imagine what you could do here! Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple Cloud Services (ACS), the team behind iCloud services and the infrastructure that powers it, is looking for security engineers to partner with engineering teams working on new products and features. You will collaborate with developers, site reliability engineers, and security teams to protect ACS services and design a secure foundation for services at Apple. Your work will include full end-to-end security assurance activities including security architecture, threat modeling, some security testing, and risk management. You will be working with partner teams in security engineering, privacy, and offensive security to keep Apple's services secure for our users. If you love diving into different complex technical systems, sharing security improvements, and staying organized enough to ride the chaos to security victory, we want to talk to you!
- 5 or more years conducting security reviews, threat modeling, tracking findings, and communicating risk to engineering and leadership
- Knowledgeable about distributed systems’ design patterns and security implications
- Experience with common infrastructure components including: network architecture, server fleet provisioning and configuration, OOB management, storage, load balancing, virtualization, Kubernetes
- Conversant in at least one programming language such as Python, Java, Go, or Ruby
In this role, you will be the primary security team point of contact for several large engineering efforts. You will work with the engineering teams throughout their development lifecycle. You will conduct security reviews and develop threat models and use the insights from these engagements to create standard methodologies. You will help define, automate and advocate for platform-wide security improvements. You will partner with your colleagues to raise the security bar for all engineering teams at Apple. You will be: A technical specialist responsible for the security of Apple's internet-facing services and backend infrastructure Innately curious, listening for nuances and digging into details to understand systems and their weaknesses Able to identify areas that are ripe for improvement and establishes appropriate security goals Experienced and comfortable building relationships with teams to drive security improvements Current on new security technologies, vulnerabilities, and methodologies An excellent verbal and written communicator Able to develop proof of concept systems to automate security recommendations, vulnerability discovery, and process workflows Able to use data to drive security review efficiency and prioritize high-value security team engagement Responsible for security decisions impacting millions of users
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science / Engineering with emphasis in security related fields (or equivalent experience) Certs like OSCP, OSCE, OSEE, etc. helpful but not vital. Bonus points for community contributions like public CVEs, bug bounty recognition, open source tools, blogs, etc.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.