Hardware Design Engineer - Input Devices
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Input Devices group is seeking a world-class electrical engineer to develop and ship the next generation of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) hardware (e.g. mice, trackpads, keyboards, remotes, etc.). This is a hardware design EE position that entails working with cross-functional teams on the design, implementation, integration and qualification of Human Interface Devices.
- Working knowledge of board/system level electrical designs with micro-controller.
- Hands-on experience in prototype design, bring-up, debugging, characterization and functional verification.
- Working knowledge of system-level design and familiar with common interfaces: I2C, SPI, JTAG, USB.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful track record of working closely with mechanical engineers and firmware teams.
- Experienced in DC-DC converter design and application (buck and boost).
- Experienced in sensor selection and integration at system level. (Capacitive, optical, resistive, or any type of sensors)
- Experienced in designing high volume, high quality consumer electronic products
- Experienced in data analysis and scripting languages.
- Apply state of the art sensing and haptic technologies to design next generation human interface devices. - Authoring of detailed engineering requirements specifications. - Schematic capture and managing PCB layout design of the electrical system, including power management, micro-controller, wireless communication, sensor integration and component selection. - Execution of the design in high volume, including characterization and validation across all development builds. - Working with and managing suppliers/manufacturing partners including overseas build support. - Interface with and present to cross functional leaders for project reviews and discussions.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline.