Software Engineering Manager
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. Are you passionate about handling large & complex data problems, want to make an impact and have the desire to work on groundbreaking big-data technologies? Then we are looking for you. Apple's Business Intelligence team is looking for passionate, technical savvy, energetic leader. Someone who is self motivated and ready to lead team of engineers building high quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that power apple's analytics platform and data pipelines. Apple's Enterprise Data warehouse team deals with Petabytes of data catering to a wide variety of real- time, near real-time and batch analytical solutions. These solutions are integral part of business functions like Sales, Operations, Finance, AppleCare, Marketing and Internet Services, enabling business drivers to make critical decisions. We use diverse technology stacks such as Snowflake, AWS, Teradata, HANA, Vertica, Single Store, Dremio, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and beyond. Designing, Developing and scaling these big-data technologies are a core part of our daily job.
- 12+ years of experience in data engineering, computer science or statistics field with at least 2+ years of experience in leadership/management
- Experience in leading, hiring, developing and building software engineering team and able to provide them technical directions on a day to day basis.
- Experience working with cloud technologies preferably AWS.
- Database experience with Relational or MPP/distributed systems such as Teradata/Hadoop/ Single-Store / Oracle
- Programming experience in building WEB applications, Service oriented architecture and analytics solutions.
- Demonstrable understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Experience handling Annual performance evaluations, setting goals for team members and being invested in team members career development.
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong architecture experience in UI and UX design, development for both Web based and Mobile platforms
- Experience in service layer component with Java and newer JVM-based languages such as Scala or Clojure
- Solid understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, React
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript, Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Hands on experience with Concurrent Programming
- Experience with the latest open source technologies Spring, Apache commons
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Lead Business Intelligence Data and Software Engineering team in building Analytics solutions. Lead the design for applications with emerging technologies and tools Lead the reporting and dashboarding solutions using innovative packaged solutions and custom-built tools Drive the team to develop operationally efficient analytic solutions Handle resources/budget and partner with global functional and business teams and run multiple teams and projects. Define standards, methodologies for Data Warehousing environment Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting industry design standards. Solid understanding of analytics needs and proactive-ness to build generic solutions to improve the efficiency Lead/Work with many global teams, communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams Lead and mentor people and plan their career growth and focus on creating a cohesive team. Thrives in a multifaceted environment, maintaining composure and a positive attitude.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- "LinkedIn Campaign 2021M"