Senior Data Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If so, Apple's Global Business Intelligence (GBI) team is seeking a Data Engineer to build high quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that power apple's analytics platform and data pipelines. Apple's Enterprise Data warehouse landscape caters to a wide variety of real-time, near real-time and batch analytical solutions. These solutions are integral part of business functions like Sales, Operations, Finance, AppleCare, Marketing and Internet Services, enabling business drivers to make critical decisions. We use diverse technology stacks such as Teradata, HANA, Vertica, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and beyond. Designing, Developing and scaling these big-data technologies are a core part of our daily job. We are looking for a candidate who will be creative and should have passion for building analytics solutions to enable our business partners to make time-sensitive and critical decisions.
- 6+ years of experience in data engineering field with In-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data
- Database development experience with Relational or MPP/distributed systems such as Oracle/Teradata/Vertica/HANA/Hadoop/ SingleStore/ SnowFlake
- Programming experience in building high quality applications, data pipelines and analytics solutions. Experience in developing Big-Data applications using java, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Kafka, and Map Reduce is a huge plus
- Should be proficient in writing Advanced SQLs, Expertise in performance tuning of SQLs. Experience with data science and machine learning tools and technologies is a plus
- Exposure to cloud methodologies and experience with AWS or GCP.
- Solid experience to design and develop solutions using Columnar Databases like HANA/Vertica
- Demonstrate good knowledge of development processes and agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Should be dedicated, highly motivated and should strive to learn quickly.
- Design and build data structures on MPP platform like Teradata, Hadoop to provide efficient reporting and analytics capability. Design solutions using new generation In-Memory Columnar databases like HANA - Design and build highly scalable data pipelines using Spark, Kafka to induct data from various systems - Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting data warehousing design standards. Solid understanding of analytics needs and proactive-ness to build generic solutions to improve the efficiency - Build dashboards using Self-Service tools like Tableau and perform data analysis to support business - Collaborate with multiple multi-functional teams across the globe and create solutions which has larger impact on Apple business. - You will interact with many other internal teams to lead and deliver elite products in an exciting but constantly evolving environment
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent.