Wireless NPI Engineering Program Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, thoughtful people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want to join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Come to Apple and work within a team to deliver a broad range of wireless technologies. This is an extraordinary opportunity to engage with the latest technologies and contribute to groundbreaking Apple products year after year. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. Apple seeks a technical leader to program manage our groundbreaking Wireless connectivity chipsets to meet performance, quality, and schedule requirements for Apple products. You will be responsible for multi-functional team coordination, communication, and representation across Wireless connectivity systems and the silicon engineering ecosystem from concept to production. A technical background crafting products and test engineering for Wireless connectivity products will be key to your success in this role. Ideally, you will also have project management experience in some aspects of Wireless connectivity platform/system development. You will also work in a multidimensional engineering environment where advanced multi-tasking skills and real-time crisis management are all desired strengths for this position.
- 5+ years of experience working in Wireless connectivity systems and/or SoC silicon development.
- Prior Wireless connectivity SoC product/test/validation and debug engineering experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Wireless connectivity systems for 2 or more modern communications standards, WiFi /BT, and UWB Wireless connectivity systems/standards preferred.
- Extraordinary teammate and creative problem solver with the ability to lead technical teams and multi-functional groups against plans.
- High-tech industry experience with a track record of hands-on product development, program management, project management or engineering management.
- Results-oriented and dedicated with validated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work on a Program Management team responsible for driving technical issue resolution to enable on-time silicon to meet daring product schedules of state-the-art silicon - Interface and drive resolution of wireless connectivity silicon issues within multi-functional teams: Design, Verification, Validation, Technology, System Hardware, and Software - Convert large amounts of data into a clear story to communicate to multi-functional teams and organizations at all levels. - Focus silicon teams on meeting schedules and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the right multi-functional technical expert(s) to resolve issues with an emphasis on data-driven decisions. - Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution - Drive simple and effective processes from “lessons learned” to avoid quality and execution issues early in the development cycle. - Create, maintain and report RMA metrics, problem-solving, FA, RC, and CA for silicon issues during NPI and EFFA phase - Attend and drive technical sessions with suppliers/design partners to track and follow up on blocking issues. - Coordination and management with other organizations (Systems, SW, Ops) to support legacy connectivity silicon RMA’s during NPI and build phases
Education & Experience
• MS or BS Degree in technical discipline