CNC Manufacturing Design Engineer (Manufacturing Design)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We are looking for a CNC Manufacturing Design Engineer to be a part of our Manufacturing Design team. The CNC Manufacturing Design Engineers (MDE) are responsible for the development and implementation of CNC precision machining processes during our prototype development builds through high volume production.
- 5+ years of experience supporting new product launches from a manufacturing engineering. This includes hands-on CNC, machining, programming experience and experience with CAM programming from solid models required
- Experience with fabricating parts or jigs, fixtures, tooling, injection molding, plastics, ceramics, machine shop (CNC, Milling, Drilling, Tapping)
- Proven understanding of Design of Experiments, GD&T, SPC and mechanical fabrication techniques
- CAD experience for part and fixture design
- CAM experience for programming 3 axis parts on mills. 4-axis experience a plus.
- Siemens NX10+ experience is preferred for CAD/CAM.
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot CNC Processes and provide corrective actions.
- Experience with cutting tool design including custom form tools & PCD toolings
- Experience with DFM (Design for Manufacturing) feedback to industrial or product design teams to optimize design for CNC.
- JMP, Minitab & Six Sigma experience a plus
- Creating custom probing routines and macro programming with Fanuc controllers a plus
- Create and deliver technical presentations to peers, vendors, and cross functional teams that explain CNC processes, FA, capability, RCCM, etc.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
As CNC Manufacturing Design Engineer, you would be responsible for crafting precision machining processes for Apple products. Serve as Apple’s internal expert for CNC precision machining process by leveraging a thorough understanding various component drawings, cutting tools, jigs & fixtures, component material properties and part quality characteristics Work with contract manufacturer and machine tool supplier for equipment qualification. Provide early and on going manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are mechanically manufacturable as per design. Coordinate cross-functional reviews for design, qualification and process capability development of machining processes at contract manufacturer’s factory. Failure analysis and Trouble shooting issues in precision machining with the use of engineering tools/techniques such as Tolerance Analysis, SPC, DOE and Six Sigma techniques Take the leading role in driving the optimization of equipment efficiency, cycle time reduction and quality of machined components. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required for reporting detailed analysis
Education & Experience
Bachelors / Masters in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from a premier school