System Architecture EPM (Silicon focus) - Technology Development Group (TDG)
San Diego, California, United States
Do you enjoy tackling ambiguous problem statements, evaluating technical trade-offs, driving teams to recommendations that are strongly grounded in customer experience? Apple’s Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for an experienced, highly technical EPM to join the team driving System Architecture definition and validation of a new product category. If you have broad experience across various key hardware technologies (e.g displays, cameras, RF, custom silicon), and strong product/customer sense, we’d love to hear from you!
- Understanding of the System on chip (SOC) architecture and design
- Deep understanding of the interactions between SOC and consumer electronic System Architectures
- Ability to translate a customer use-case to technical details
- Demonstrated ability to work through architecture tradeoffs, specifically in systems with custom silicon components
- Proven track record of managing silicon and system validation for advanced hardware products
- Strong technical background in Electrical, Mechanical, or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant hardware engineering experience in consumer electronics
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Proactive and highly self-motivated; good critical thinking capabilities and strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate well in an environment with rapid development cycles and constant change
As a System Architecture EPM focused on Silicon, you will work closely with electrical, mechanical, algorithm, and software teams in TDG and across the company to define and develop highly optimized hardware products. You will be responsible for: Driving the development of system and SOC requirements based on experience targets and technology constraints. Identifying the most critical questions and organizing teams to find efficient ways to get answers. Understanding the link between technical details of the system and customer experience and communicating impacts clearly and concisely. Coordinating with silicon teams to develop custom processing solutions for the product’s specific requirements. Planning and execution for silicon and system validation.
Education & Experience
Required: BS/MS in CE/EE/CS or equivalent work experience.