FPGA / FW Prototyping Engineer (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
The Camera Hardware team develops cutting edge camera solutions and technologies for Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the team is to enable the world’s best camera experience for our customers. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. In this role, you will prototype and support development of next-generation Cameras and related systems/technologies for Apple products.
- Extensive year experience in digital design, verification, and software programming with system-level architectural development
- Demonstrated background in high-performance image processing
- Extensive experience in digital designs on FPGA or Silicon.
- Experience in algorithm development and signal processing data path design and/or machine learning
- Development experience in embedded systems
- Proficient in Verilog or VHDL, digital design tools, C/C++, scripting
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of EE, CE and Physics principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork spirit
- Proficiency in English language is required
- Work cross-functionally to develop digital control & processing HW architectures for machine vision cameras, sensors & systems - Develop digital designs on FPGA for video streaming, image processing & machine vision - Prototyping of camera sensor architectures - Prototyping software development - Real-time image processing - Support machine vision and machine learning activities
Education & Experience
Master's/PhD in Electrical Engineering, CS/CE or industry experience equivalent Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.