Government Affairs Manager - Parental Leave cover - 6 months
Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined - and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re motivated by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job! Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The Senior Government Affairs Manager will help develop and implement policy advocacy strategy on a range of issues, support Apple business and lead the company’s interaction with policy-makers and third-parties. The ideal candidate will have experience working at a high level in government, a strong existing network and expertise in policy development and advocacy.
- Experience working in government or parliament, and with extensive knowledge of the legislative and regulatory process
- Knowledge of the policy issues related to digital economy, technology and innovation
- Extraordinarily strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent language proficiency in English both written and oral (and ideally another Eastern languages)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and complex work environment
- Capacity to prioritize work and handle multiple files in parallel
- Proven experience in leveraging trade associations and other third-parties, as part of the advocacy strategy
- Capacity to work in international cross-functional teams
- Develop and implement policy strategies in Eastern countries, in line with the company’s priorities at national and European level - Work across business functions to define priorities and policy messaging - Maintain and extend network and relationship with key partners - Lead Apple’s activities in industry trade associations and with third-parties - Support and advise local business leadership on government engagement - Draft materials for engagement, including high-level meetings
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred Typically requires a minimum of 10 years professional experience in government, parliament, government relations, or other advocacy/engagement roles.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.