SoC Physical Design Engineer, Top Level
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, hardworking people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for implementing complete chip design from netlist to tapeout.
- Minimum BS and 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Knowledgeable in partition or top level P&R implementation including floorplanning, clock and power distribution, timing closure, physical and electrical verification.
- Experience with Top Level a plus, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of physical design construction and analysis flows and methodology.
- Shown ability to adhere to stringent schedule and die size requirements.
- Strong communication skills
- Experienced with industry standard tools, understanding their capabilities and underlying algorithms.
- Experience with large SOC designs (>20M gates) with frequencies in excess of 1GHZ
• Work with the FE team to understand chip architecture and drive physical aspects early in the design cycle. • Work with the physical design team to drive methodologies and “best known methods” to streamline physical design work, come up with guidelines and checklists, drive execution, and track progress. • Be a focal point for place and route, drive the work among place and route engineers, set goals and milestones, plan short and long-term work, understand dependencies between different domains like top, STA, block place and route. • Resolve design and flow issues related to physical design, identify potential solutions, and drive execution.
Education & Experience
Minimum BS and 3+ years of relevant industry experience